Who i am
Producer, Composer & Sound Engineer
I am well known as "NuuGame." I write, perform, produce, compose, mix, and master music. I started music in 1999 when I learned how to play the piano by myself. Back then, there was no YouTube so everything was by ear or talent. In 2000, I got a keyboard that could record up to 8 tracks at a time. Eventually, I got into producing, then recording and the rest is history.
I have worked with over 100 artists since 2000 and I am looking forward to working with you!View Work
What I see
As a Producer
- The Feeling
- The Concept
- The Delivery
Music is a gift from God- a sound from heaven that usually comes to me as a feeling. Once I get the feeling, I look for the connection so I can hear the concept as it is being revealed to me. Many times, this is the most difficult part because it comes unexpectedly. All sounds are scattered and I have to listen attentively to grasp the concept. Once I have the concept then I start the delivery process.
What i do
Before we start talking about production, let's make sure we are using the same definition.
- Program and/or sequence the drum pattern(s) of your song according to your feel
- Play the keyboard which includes the chord progression, synth sounds, leads, strings, bass, and any other supporting sound to bring your music vision alive
- Co-ordinate with other musicians who play other instruments such as guitar, bass, viola, trumpets, flutes, saxophone, and live drums as I see fit for your song
- Pre-mix and balance all the sounds of your music in preparation for a full mixing session.
Mixing is extremely vital to a track or record that has already gone through vocal recording an
- Panning: Move sounds to the Left and Right channels of the stereo field to create balance and an enjoyable listening experience
- Equalize: Brighten, dim, or thicken sounds of the recording as needed
- Automation: Excite sounds to bring emotion and movement to the music
- De-ess: Cut harsh frequencies found in consonants such as "S," "C," "T," and "F"
- Effects: Add reverb, autotune, delays, and vibrance to vocals
Ahh...Mastering! A very misunderstood term in music. What is mastering? Mastering is the proces
- Balance: Boost or make cuts to high, mid and low frequencies where needed
- Stereo Width: Adjust the stereo width (how the listeners perceive the dynamics of your music)
- Compress Mix: Glue the sound of your mix together to make it sound more cohesive
- Speaker Test: Play your music on handheld devices, car stereo, headphones, and large speakers
Musical composition is the copyrightable collection of elements that make up a song, including
- Play Piano to discover harmonies where needed
- Arrange Melodies to suit the vision of the song concept
- Correct Pitch and guide the delivery of the performance
- Sing or rap along with the artist
- Record all ideas during the composition
"I've known Aitua aka NuuGame since secondary school (over twenty years) and working with him on the song was easy. He's been a massive supporter of my music, helping out any way he can. He's also running some mixing and mastering on some of the songs on my forthcoming project. "Via Facebook
Christian Nelson Odinma
" I have had the opportunity and pleasure to work with "NuuGame" for about 10yrs to date. Thanks to a mutual family friend who connected us, we've made classic records together such as "Homie Lover Friend" and " Trouble" just to name a few. We have maintained a musical friendship and relationship and we continue to work and support one another. "NuuGame" is well versed in music production/vocal production/mixing mastering and he is an amazing music mind. As a Nigerian Americans, we are able to identify with each other, not only from a culture standpoint but also when it comes to concepts, genre, and networking, we are able to see eye to eye. I'm excited to witness the music he has in store for this year. Hands down one of the best producers I've worked with from the West Coast! "
" What can i say my brother NuuGame? Been on his music for a long time and me and him go back almost 15 years he has a ear for music and talent he is also talented himself. He was the first person to put me in a studio and record me so I am beyond indebited to him for life. Thank you and much love and respect......NUUGAME IS OFFICIAL! "
Sally Chiwuzie #Unshakeable
"The engagement with NuuGame was personalized and very hands-on. Great suggestions and modifications. Enhancements were promptly made with fantastic attention to detail. I'll definitely engage again in future. A definite recommendation from me!"
"Aitua aka "NuuGame" is someone who just loves music. Period. He's a cool guy who loves good music so he makes good, cool music. ...And the thing is: when you make music with him, you kinda leave feeling you have also made good, cool music. It's the kind that will show up in your mind and thoughts later on like a welcome guest you weren't quite expecting to make your day :) "Via Whatsapp
"NuuGame knows how to demonstrate his love for sound in the way he engineers his music. His attention to every detail in his tracks demonstrates his seriousness in producing quality music. Not only does he take his craft seriously but he knows how to create a laid-back atmosphere for the musicians he works with. He does a great job balancing the professionalism of music production with his infectious passion for the art. I definitely recommend him as a music producer to work with and I look forward to more opportunities to collaborate with him in the future. "
"Working with NuuGame is extremely satisfying to say it bluntly. He is constantly adding input and feeding you great ideas; and when you have good ideas of your own then bouncing ideas off each other is inevitable, which makes for a great ending project. On top of that he is very talented and can pretty much accommodate anything you ask whether its from a producing aspect or a vocal one. "
Ready 2 Bow
"One of the most down to earth, talented cats I've ever had the honors to work with in the studio. NuuGame not only knew what I wanted, but also what I needed on the record to make the tracks even hotter. He has a great ear and is also an incredible musician, key elements to make a dope producer. "
Christopher Nwani, Psalmist/Gospel Recording Artist
"Aitua aka NuuGame! So much I could say about the incredible talent wrapped up in this guy; to a musician, he is "that one guy" you enjoy being in a studio session with. To a singer, he is that catalyst that makes you push those limits, step out of your comfort-zone and even discover, strengths you never knew you had. Above all, Aitua loves people and he really LOVES MUSIC. Grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him but most importantly; very grateful to have found an amazing friend in him! The world will be amazed when they hear your sound!! "